Kim Komando How to get rid of a Virus
Warning: Devastating Windows Virus Spreading
ShareThis Facebook Tweet Pinterest Email
It seems like hackers are always plotting new ways to steal your information and money. In fact, there’s a dangerous new virus going around that can hijack your computer and wipe out all your files.
It’s called the CryptoLocker virus, and it’s spreading like wildfire.
The virus is disguised in an email that looks like it’s from a legitimate business like FedEx or UPS. Because the email sounds and looks like the real thing, it’s easy to become a victim.
If you get the virus, hackers will threaten to destroy all your files – unless you pay up fast.
Don’t let hackers steal your files and your money. I’ll show you how to keep this nasty virus off your computer – and what to do if you become infected.
First, let me explain exactly how the CryptoLocker virus works.
As I mentioned, the virus is delivered in a legitimate-looking email from a company like UPS or FedEx. The message will have an attachment that’s a JPEG, PDF or other common file extension. However, it might contain a malicious link instead.
If you download and open the attachment, or click on the link, a CryptoLocker installs on your computer. A message pops up demanding $100 or more to keep the virus from destroying everything on your hard drive.
– See more at: http://www.komando.com/tips/index.aspx?id=15472&page=1#sthash.AhB5o0Dp.dpuf
- Kim Komando ALERT! Ransomware Virus Spreading (unifiedserenity.wordpress.com)
- CryptoLocker (snopes.com)
- Crypto Locker virus hijacks your computer, makes you pay $300 ransom (lunaticoutpost.com)
- WARNING!!!! CryptoLocker Virus // Ransom Virus (steadypay.wordpress.com)
- CryptoLocker virus holds your computer for ransom (kdvr.com)
- Crypto Locker Virus Holds Your Computer Hostage (webpronews.com)
- CryptoLocker virus: New Malware holds computers for ransom (kfor.com)
- Crypto Locker Virus: Once Your Computer is Infected, Hackers Demand Money (theepochtimes.com)